Our goal is to send goods on the day of receiving orders when possible, or the next working day if your order is placed late in the day or on the weekend or a Public Holiday. Exceptions to this (e.g. some large batteries or large orders).
- Postage is normally free for small orders under 500g including most Mobile Phone & Digital Video/Camera batteries, plus Coin & Button Cells and the like. Some product weights may fall under the 500g, however actual packaging size may result in freight charges being applied. We apologise for this unavoidable result, products if a delivery fee applies will be added to your order as you proceed to the checkout (as part of the online purchasing process) and before payment is made.
Please include your contact phone number for all orders via post or courier, the courier driver needs a contact number and we will have to contact you if it’s not provided. Normal Australia-Post deliveries (e.g. under 1Kg) can be sent without having a phone number, but if we need to contact you its just easier to call.
Orders are sent via Standard Post or via Courier and typically arrive in 2 – 5 days depending on which part of Australia the battery is being sent to, but may take up to 10 days. Lithium batteries sent standard post for safety reasons and are delivered by express road parcel service.
We reserve the right to charge extra for shipping to destinations which are very remote or outside of Australia, we will contact you if required. Please contact us directly for any delivery charge queries. +61 3 8585 4585 (Australia, Melbourne)
If your order is unable to be shipped within 72 hours due to an item not being in stock, you will receive a phone call or email notification indicating that the product is now on back order and an ETA advised. If at any time you want to cancel an order which is on back order, please contact customer service on +61 3 8585 4585 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delivery Times Under 1Kg
- Address within metropolitan areas of capital cities or within the Melbourne metro area 1-2 business days*
- Address within most country townships 2-4 business days*
- Address in remote country locations 4-6 business days*
*Delivery times are estimates only.
Delivery Times Over 1Kg
Your order will be dispatched by standard shipping method, normally within 24 hours of order placement.
Depending on item and delivery address we will send the order using our own in house vehicles or Australia Post.
- Address within metropolitan areas of capital cities or within the Sydney metro area 2-3 business days*
- Address within most country townships 3-5 business days*
- Address in remote country locations 7-10 business days*
*Delivery times are estimates only.
If you have any queries regards shipment of an order please call +61 3 8585 4585.
Shipping & Delivery
Where you place separate orders, the goods will be delivered separately and a separate shipping charge will apply to each order. The Battery Base may or may not be able to consolidate separate orders into one delivery, this will occur at The Battery Base’s discretion.
Where you order more than one item in one order, all goods for which your order is accepted at the same time will be dispatched together where practicable. However, in some cases goods may be dispatched separately. This may occur where the goods are being dispatched from different locations, where the goods are of different types and/or dimensions, or where the goods have different availability statuses.
In addition to the price displayed on the website, you may also need to pay any additional shipping charges which are not shown in your shopping cart but which we incur because you live in an area where light aircraft or barge transport is required, or to which our delivery partners do not provide a door-to-door service. These include, without limitation, Christmas Island, Norfolk Island, Roma and Nhulunbuy. Such charges may apply even where the item is shown on the website as having “free delivery”, “free freight” or something similar. If you live in an area to which an additional shipping charge will apply, The Battery Base will contact you to provide you with a quote for the additional shipping charge. If, within the timescale specified, you do not agree to accept the additional shipping charge, The Battery Base will cancel your order. The Battery Base will not dispatch your order until you have confirmed your acceptance of the additional shipping charge and payment by you has been made.
Where requested, The Battery Base will deliver to PO Boxes or Postal Lockers in Australia where possible based on the size of the goods. Where it is not possible to deliver the goods to a PO Box or Postal Locker and you have input a PO Box or Postal Locker as the delivery address when placing your order, The Battery Base will email or call you you to arrange an alternative delivery address.
You agree and acknowledge that:
- The Battery Base does not guarantee the dispatch or delivery or availability of goods within the estimated delivery times listed on the product page or during checkout, or any other timeframes otherwise specified by The Battery Base or any of its staff.
- Stock availability and events outside The Battery Base’s control (including adverse weather conditions, traffic conditions and governmental action) may cause delays, or in some circumstances, prevent your goods from being delivered.
- Delays are particularly likely to occur during busy sale periods such as those around Christmas, Easter and public holidays.
- Except to the extent expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise required by law (including, without limitation, the Australian Consumer Law), neither The Battery Base nor any of its agents will be liable to you, or any other person, for any loss, damage, cost or expense suffered as a direct or indirect result of any delay in delivery of the goods to you or availability of goods, whether in contract, negligence or any other tort, equity, restitution, strict liability, under statute or otherwise at all.