Battery industry warning to parents of toddlers and children

All Parents need to be safety wise & acutely aware of the dangers posed with children and the potential ingestion of button & coin size batteries.

Dangers of lithium button cell batteries and children swallowing themWith the recent death of a four year old girl in Queensland who sadly died after swallowing a lithium coin cell battery, child safety experts urge parents to keep these coin & button type batteries out of sight and out of reach.

Used or flat batteries should also be disposed of immediately and safely. More information on battery disposal & recycling is available by clicking this Link . The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has been recently focused on assessing the safety of button and coin cell batteries due to an increasing number of injuries associated with ingestion and insertion of these products, particularly in children under five.

When a button/coin cell battery gets stuck in a child